Who we are
Link Age Southwark is a vibrant local charity providing friendly volunteer support to over 600 older people in Southwark who are feeling lonely or isolated.
We recruit, train and manage volunteers to deliver services to older people in the local community. These services reduce loneliness and isolation, improve older people’s quality of life, their physical and mental health, and enable older people to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible.
What we provide
- Befriending support
- IT drop ins, access to technical support and assistance with form filling
- Appointments for Information and Advice provided by our partners in Ageing Well Southwark, support for seniors and carers
- Peer support groups for carers
- Access to Age UK Lewisham and Southwark’s Happy Feet Service
- Groups sessions including social, activity and exercise groups
- Volunteer transport
- Practical support including shopping, light gardening and DIY
- Dementia services including befriending and groups
- Signposting to local support services
- A regular newsletter to provide service users with useful information regarding local resources and events
- An annual calendar of events including our spring and Christmas parties
Our services are free to Southwark residents over the age of 60 or those living with a diagnosis of dementia.
For more information please click here.