Age UK Lewisham & Southwark is always working to improve later life for many older people who face common challenges with care, illness, isolation and finance.
We provide a wide variety of services in the Boroughs of Lewisham and Southwark including day care, healthy living, information and advice, outreach and volunteering. These services are mostly available to anyone aged 50 and over, though a small number of services are only available to over 65s.
Find out more about what we do and read case studies
Find out more about our services
We are very passionate about delivering services that empower and support the needs of the most vulnerable and isolated older members of our community.
Our mission and values
Age UK Lewisham and Southwark aims to empower and enable older people to lead fulfilled lives by:
- Providing services and support that address poverty and isolation
- Protecting the human rights of local older people
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Connecting older people with their communities
- Working positively with partners across all sectors
Our work is shaped by our values:
- We recognise older people as individuals with diverse talents and needs
- We are fair and equal as service provider, employer and patner
- We are opposed to ageism in all forms
- We are collaborative in our approach to work
- We are a dynamic, credible, trusted and sustainable organisation